- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) with a major in Geosciences
- Master of Science (M.S.) with a major in Geosciences
- Ph.D. Program in Geosciences Entry to Fall Semester:
- March 15, February 15 for international students
- Entry to Fall Semester: March 15, February 15 for international students
- Entry to Spring Semester: October 15 (September 15 for International Students)
- Entry to Summer Semester: March 15 (December 15 for International Students)
- Masters applicants not seeking funding will be considered on a rolling basis
Admission to the program:
- Apply on-line: through the FAU Graduate College.
- Complete the Geosciences' department application
- Doctoral applicants must also send a statement of purpose. The statement of purpose should be 2-3 double spaced pages that discuss the applicant’s background and reasons for applying to the program.
- Request Letters of recommendation by providing the following link to your references - https://goo.gl/5gTLmP
- Three letters of recommendation for doctoral applicants, including one support letter from FAU Geosciences' Faculty member. or Affiliate Faculty.
- Letters of recommendation are optional for Masters applicants
- The doctoral TA stipend is $20,000 for 12 months.
- Masters' TA stipend is $5,000 per Fall or Spring semester.
- Funded Doctoral and Masters also receive a 100% of tuition waiver, based upon a 9-hour full-time course load per semester. Student fees are not covered by assistantships, and payment of fees are the full responsibility of the student. A breakdown of student fees per credit hour can be found at http://www.fau.edu/controller/student_information/tuition_breakdown.php.
Additional Financial Support may be available through other FAU initiatives:
Go to FAU's Financial Aid web page for more information
Department Mailing Address:
Florida Atlantic University
Department of Geosciences
Attn: Graduate Admissions Committee
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, Florida 33431